My name is Rupa, my family of four just moved into the Portola and I thank my lucky stars every day to have found the perfect neighborhood in this perfect city to call my home. A few months back I did not even know such an awesome neighborhood existed. You Portolans have done a great job keeping this a secret!
In this really crazy real estate market (Have you guys recently looked at home prices in Bernal? Jeez!) we lost all hope that we would find a place to call home in San Francisco and was almost ready to cross the bridge. But lo and behold, we not only found a house but we also hit the jackpot.
Let me tell you why…
- Wide streets – Bernal take note
- Lots of sunshine - Glen Park and Miraloma take note (Mission, I know you have great weather – but do you have the city views that we have?)
- McLaren Park – SF take note. We have a park that has maintained its original charm and we can find parking.
- Palega Playground – This is the icing on the cake. As a mom of two boys, I simply cannot appreciate this enough.
- Fresh n Easy: As a busy mother of two young boys. This is a fantastically easy peasy place to park and shop. I am done with you Safeway and your loooong lines
- City views: Phenomenal views of the city. Every time I go to McLaren Park and look at the views, I have to pinch myself. The best of both worlds. I am surrounded by nature, but all it takes is a quick look up to see that I am a part of the world class city we call home!
Every which way you slice and dice our precious neighborhood, we come up positive. I am glad to be a part of this vibrant, beautiful and supremely wonderful place to raise my family! I look forward to exploring the neighborhood more in the coming months as I have also volunteered to be a co-editor of the Portola Planet. So keep those emails and pictures coming. We sure have a lot to brag about!
Now if we can have an ice cream shop and a yoga studio I think I will pretty much be in heaven! Anybody interested in starting these services in the San Bruno corridor?